We are a small, family-like company whose success has been achieved through providing customers with the highest level of service and expertise. Because of the informal, cordial atmosphere in the store, many people assume that working as part of the WBU team is "relaxing." While we have our quiet moments, it is important to remember that retail is never relaxing, or easy! Shelves need stocked, floors and bathrooms need to be cleaned, and dusting seems to be a full-time job in and of itself! With that out of the way, we'd invite you to look over the job description(s) below, paying particular attention to the "Physical" and "Other" requirements. If, after reviewing the responsibilities and requirements, you feel you might be a good candidate, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to download and print our application, then complete the application and drop it (and a resumé if you have one) by the store. We will then review your application and, if we have an opening that would appear to be a good fit, we will call to schedule an interview. Thank you for your interest in joining the team at WBU - Little Rock!
Job Description: Sales Associate
Overview: The position of Sales Associate can be either a part-time or full-time position that reports to the franchise owner, manager, or PIC. The primary responsibility of a Sales Associate is to provide a high energy customer experience. Secondary to that, the Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining a well-stocked and presentable storefront.
Selling / Customer Experience:
• Understands that the high energy customer experience is the #1 priority.
• Completes each OWL module as part of the High Energy Training in order to deliver the WBU high energy customer experience as the trusted local expert.
• Understands and communicates the store’s merchandise and target products to the customer.
• Uses successful selling skills to satisfy the customer and complete the sale.
• Adheres to all store policies and procedures regarding the ringing of all transactions, any administrative duties and scheduling.
• Has read, understood and follows the Employee Handbook, including the WBU Ten Touch Points training.
• Follows the best practices of the Person in Charge of the Customer experience.
• Wears the logo name badge and logo apparel while working on the sales floor.
• Has read and understood the Product Information Handbook and has successfully completed the Certified Birdfeeding Specialist Program.
• Completes the changing of displays, signing and the restocking of merchandise as directed by management.
• Demonstrates a positive, enthusiastic and professional demeanor.
• Attends store meetings as required.
• Completes any other duties as assigned.
• Completes accurate and legible paperwork.
• Adheres to all store policies and procedures regarding personal and store security.
• Communicates security concerns to management.
• Maintains good housekeeping standards to help present a clean and well-presented store. This may include: cleaning bathroom fixtures; sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming floors; dusting; cleaning glass and counters; etc.
• Helps keep sales floor and backroom clean & organized.
• Must be able to regularly lift and carry 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• Must be able to perform various functions that require lifting above the head, bending, kneeling, and working on hands and knees in the process of assisting customers and maintaining store appearance.
• Must be able to work with potential allergens such as peanuts, tree nuts, sunflower seeds, and cleaning products.
• Must be a ‘people person’ with a passion for assisting retail customers in dealing with sometimes complex challenges in a fast-paced, retail environment.
• Must be competent in operating Windows based computer systems and be able to operate computer, keyboard and mouse in a fast-paced, retail environment with confidence and accuracy.
• Must be able to answer telephones and communicate effectively with telephone customers, vendors, and other callers.